Articles Filter

Danes grab UK bio

27.8MW Estover project to be up and running in summer 2018

Danes grab UK bio image

Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor (BWSC) and a fund managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) have acquired the 27.8MW Estover biomass-fired combined heat and power project Kent in the UK.

The £160m project, which was developed by Estover Energy, will be fired primarily with virgin wood sourced locally in the UK.

It is expected to be in operation during the summer of 2018.

BWSC will construct the project and be responsible for operation and maintenance of the plant for 20 years.

The biomass will be sourced under a long-term contract with Euroforest.

The Copenhagen Infrastructure II fund will provide about 80% of the finance, with BWSC the remaining 20%.

Estover Energy will hold a minority interest in the project, when commercial operations start.

CIP senior partner Christina Grumstrup Sørensen said: “The Kent project presents an attractive investment opportunity for CIP in a country with a well-established and stable regulatory regime.”

CIP and BWSC have already collaborated on two other biomass projects in the UK.

Image: Estover Energy

Other Tags

Free Trial
X

To receive the next 3 issues of reNEWS complete the form below

 Yes, I would like to receive marketing emails from reNEWS including special offers.


Please leave this field empty.