Articles Filter

Taiwan attracts offshore JV

UPDATE: Around 1GW project planned by Enterprize Energy and Northland

Taiwan attracts offshore JV image

Singapore developer Enterprize Energy and Canada’s Northland Power plan to build an up to 1GW offshore wind farm in the Taiwan Strait.

The Hai Long wind farm will be about 50km off Changhua county on Taiwan’s west coast in water depths of 30 to 50 metres.

Northland owns 60% of the project, while Enterprize holds the remaining 40% through its local unit Yushan Energy.

The developers have yet to decide on the size or make of the turbines for the project, but permitting will allow for next generation machines of up to 10MW, Enterprize founder and chairman Ian Hatton told reNEWS.

The project is still to be approved by the Taiwanese authorities, although the consent process on the island is quicker than in Northern Europe, said Hatton.

He said that the project's environmental impact assessment is likely to be approved by the end of next year. However, no details of the project's possible construction timetable were given.

Enterprize chief executive Malcolm Garrity said: "Northland Power has made a significant entrance to the offshore wind sector through acquisition and construction of the North Sea Gemini and Nordsee projects.

"Consequently, they are able to bring market-leading experience in offshore wind project financing to Hai Long."

Image: MorgueFile

Other Tags

Free Trial
X

To receive the next 3 issues of reNEWS complete the form below

 Yes, I would like to receive marketing emails from reNEWS including special offers.


Please leave this field empty.