HiDef BioConsult is an innovative, solutions-driven, survey and consultancy provider and is the UK’s market leader in high-resolution digital aerial offshore wildlife surveys.
In 2016, HiDef Aerial Surveying became part of the BioConsult family, which created a multi-disciplinary consultancy of environment scientists, marine biologists, ornithologists and statisticians, adding further strength to HiDef, and giving us the ability to leverage an extensive level of experience from the German and Danish sectors.
Our bespoke ultra-high-resolution digital video camera system, with our unique use of moving images provides an enhanced capability over other systems, giving us accurate, precise and scientifically robust abundance estimates for birds and marine mammals. We are also able to use our cutting-edge system to undertake onshore surveys to support habitat assessment for linear or large infrastructure projects.
We are experienced in undertaking environmental assessment and ecological research across the terrestrial, coastal and marine environments to an industry leading standard, balancing the demand between sustainable development and the conservation of the natural environment.
Our client base includes renewable energy and infrastructure developers, statutory nature conservation bodies and non-governmental organisations across the UK and Europe. We are a framework partner to a number of leading offshore wind developers, intricately understanding the rigorous standards expected of offshore data collection, monitoring and research.
Our services include:
• Ultra-high resolution digital offshore wildlife and anthropogenic activity surveys;
• Ultra-high resolution digital linear and wide-scale onshore infrastructure surveys;
• Expert ornithological advice and reporting;
• Displacement analysis, collision risk modelling (CRM) and population viability analysis (PVA);
• Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA);
• Development of mitigation and monitoring plans, including client representation;
• Historic trend analysis (HTA) and macro-analysis;
• Peer review of technical reports and environmental statement chapters (ES);
• Onshore and offshore ornithological Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and production of ES chapters; and
• Complex statistical analysis, technical reporting and defence in peer review.